The following information is from the General Academics Programs Advisors:
Pre-Registration time is here! The General Studies office would like to help you get your schedule together by giving you a little tip on selecting classes. Students are able to print off a “Degree Audit” off of the “MyRecord” tab in the howdy. This function can show students what classes they need to take for their intended major. Here are the step-by-step directions to finding this helpful tool.
- Log into https://howdy.tamu.edu
- Click the “MyRecord” Tab
- Scroll down to the window that is titled “Degree Evaluation”
- Click “View Degree Evaluation
- You will be prompted to select a term click “submit” to “Spring 2010- College Station”
- Then you will be at a screen titled “ Degree Evaluation Record”- scroll down to the bottom of this page and click “What-if Analysis”
- You will move to a screen that asks for an entry term, Select the term in which you entered the university, then click “Continue” (Ex. Fall 2008 – College Station)
- You will now be prompted to select a program; this is your prospective major. Select the correct major code and click “Continue”. (BA-PSYC or BBA-ACCT or BS-MEEN)
- Now you will move to another page that verifies the major you selected, in the “First Major” block, click the arrow on the right to make sure the proper major is selected.
- You can click the “Add More” button to add minors.
- After everything is selected, click “submit”- it will ask you to verify the information you selected, so click “submit” again.
- On the next screen click “Generate Request”
- On the final screen click “Detail Requirements” *** this step is very important, be sure to select “Detail Requirements” and Click “Submit” when finished.
Now you will see a degree evaluation based on the major you intend on changing into. You can use this helpful tool to select classes. Most of the time- the degree evaluation will specifically tell you which classes that you need ... Be sure to pay attention to the “Met” area in the left side of the screen, that will inform you if the requirement has been met or not.